Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bald Baby

I just love my bald little man.  I never thought much about the difference between babies with hair and those without, but it goes without saying that these days I much prefer sweet little bald baby heads.
That's why I'm so sad that I recently noticed a a field of fuzzy hairs popping up on Jack's bald dome.  It's just a little fuzz right now.  It would take a Jack expert to notice the difference from before.  I just happen to be a Jack expert.  He looks like a little baby bird, with just a little bit of down.  Maybe he's just sprouting his winter coat - the weather is turning colder. 

I didn't think I would become so attched to his bald head.  He was born with brown hair.  It just all seemed to have rubbed off somewhere around his fourth or fifth week - too many nuzzles and kisses, I suppose.  When I look back at those early pictures with his head full of hair, he doesn't even look like my Jack.  We'll see whether these few little seedlings grow into a full head of hair, but for now I will just give him lots of kisses on his bald noggin.  Oh, but his little fuzzies tickle my lips when I kiss him.

There is one little hair sticking straight up from his head.  I swear it's there. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

I definitely prefer bald babies...Especially this bald baby! Can't wait to see him and experience his FIRST Christmas!!!