Monday, June 15, 2009

Nesting

Seriously, Bryce and I have had a busy go of things getting ready for this kid to get here. I know that the real "nesting" of pregnancy isn't supposed to happen until right before labor begins. But from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I immediately began making to-do lists. Everywhere I looked in our house, I saw a project that needed completing. There were all of these tasks I've been meaning to do, and I knew that if I didn't make an effort to complete them before the baby came, they would simply never get done.

I have to say, Bryce was a really good sport about helping me get things checked off my list. He put in a lot of man hours and, more importantly, he withstood a lot of bossing. Together, and with the help of Mom & Dad, we were able to get a lot accomplished. Here is a brief rundown:


Cleaning out under our kitchen cabinets;

Organizing the cabinets in our laundry room;

Filling and putting countless boxes up in the attic;

Cleaning out our clothes closets (there are a couple of them);

Sanding and painting my bathroom cabinets;

Replacing the kitchen sink & light fixtures;

Moving furniture around the house;

Cleaning out the garage (there is some dispute as to whether this was actually completed or not);

Organizing our photos & albums all the way back from when we first met;

Finally finishing our wedding albums;

Assembling & reading lots of instructions for baby equipment;

Cleaning out our junk room and turning it into Baby's nursery.


I have to say, the last one was probably the most work, but also the most fun. Here's a pic of how it turned out. Marm seems to really like it too!





No comments: