Well baby is officially late, and yet somehow I still feel like Bryce and I aren't ready for him to be here. If you would have asked me yesterday I would have said 'Absolutely, we're ready.' We have spent the last 8 1/2 months gathering and assembling baby equipment, reading pregnancy and child rearing books, doing tons of projects around the house, getting sage wisdom and advice from family and friends. The nursery is ready to go. There is only so much planning and practicing a person can do, let's just give it a shot.
And yet, I woke up this morning not to contractions or labor pains (sigh!), but to an overwhelming sense of panic. We are definitley going to induce labor tomorrow which means that one way or another in just 24 hours, we are going to be parents. I was dying for this day to come, watching the clock and trying to keep my mind occupied so the big day would get here faster. Now, just this morning, it seems like this past 8 1/2 months have sped by like a freight train with too much momentum to stop. Not that I really want to, but part of me is definitley freaking out! Exitement has turned to anticipation, and anticipation has turned to anxiety. I am comforted by the fact that my wonderful husband, terrific family and supportive friends are here for me when I finally find out what it is I've really gotten myself into. It won't be long now.....holy crap! I truly can't wait for this new journey to begin.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment