Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baby's First Fourth of July

I guess that there are going to be lots of "firsts" in the coming months and years, but Jack's first Fourth of July celebration was especially eventful. We started out the day by putting on our swim gear and going to the Mira Vista pool for some fun in the sun. Don't worry - Jack didn't actually get in the water or the sun. I guess it was more like fun sleeping in the shade, but he still looked precious in his little swim suit. Grandmother, Nanna, Aunt Q (as in Susie Q) and Cousin Asher were all there too! Then for a special treat we went for a delicious lunch at Tia Margie's house.

That night for a special treat we went to Baby Jack's first baseball game. We were lucky enough to get to watch the game from a luxury suite. We had so much fun celebrating with our neighbors and the "Millers." The Texas Rangers beat the Tampa Bay Rays 12 to 4 and even scored a homerun during the free taco inning! Jack was such a champ through the whole game that we were able to stay for the spectacular fireworks show. It really was one of the best I've ever seen. Sweet little Jack slept through most of the show, but I still think it counts as his first show.








2 comments:

Aaron and Andrea said...

Yay! This is so much fun. I can't believe he slept through the fireworks. What a good boy he is already. We miss you so much up here, but looks like you are doing awesome!!

tnsma said...

eek! i can't wait to meet him! :o) and look, laura's taking photos on a regular basis! I'm so proud! :o)