For Jack's first vacation we went to visit Tia and Big Daddy (aka Aunt Margie and Uncle Bob) at their beautiful home in Ruidoso, New Mexico. It was such a treat to escape the brutal Texas summer and extra special getting to spend time relaxing with family. I especially loved having my mom and aunt there to hold and snuggle with Jack while I caught up on some much needed rest. Being up on the mountains was so peaceful. I will definitely treasure the memory of evenings spent on the back deck snuggling with my baby, spending quality time chatting with family and listening to Dad play the guitar. I only wish Bryce was able to go with us - alas someone had to stay behind and earn a living.
Jack was a real trooper during the eight hour road trip. We made lots of stops, but not many more than we would've needed to make anyway. Mom tends to get pretty squirmy and I like lots of snacks. The only real outburst he had was in the last hour or so on the way home, and he was only expressing the same feelings we grown ups in the car were also having..."are we home yet?"
No comments:
Post a Comment