There is a conflict brewing in our home regarding the alarm clock and use of the snooze button. Bryce is a snoozer - has been since I've met him. Before baby, we would set our alarm so early we could snooze for an hour before getting out of bed. I always had sincere plans to get up at the first buzzer, but it rarely worked out that way unless I had boot camp or some place to be.
Now, I'm keeping all kinds of crazy hours with little Jack. He's not exactly figured out how glorious a full night's sleep can be. He seems to be catching on to the concept of night somewhat, but at this point he's still up to eat at least twice per night. One of those feedings is usually around 5 or 6 o'clock. Yes, I see how that could be morning for some, but since Jack hasn't figured out how to get to bed prior to midnight or one, it is still night to me (and hopefully him). Well Bryce's alarm is set to go off around 6:45 each morning and you can see where this is going. It seems like right around the time I get Jack back to sleep it is time for the alarm to go off. Since he has also had a fitful night's sleep and a full day of work ahead, poor Bryce just wants to snooze a few times to get some precious extra minutes of rest. I don't blame him, but I can't let it happen because I desperately want the baby to stay asleep.
All of this will be resolved soon enough when I go back to work and Bryce stays home with Jack. But I'll be curious to see if he lets me hit the snooze as much as I'd like when the tables are turned.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment