I cannot recall a Halloween that brought me more joy and delight than I felt last night walking down our street with Jack in his dinosaur costume. "I'm so excited," he said as he walked up to a new house. Then he would remind us all to wait until the door opened before saying "Trick or Treat," while he could barely contain his giddy excitement at the prospect of getting more candy in his bucket. He was a very well-mannered dinosaur and always gave a hearty "Thank you very much," although he sometimes needed reminding. I was just overcome with pride at how precious this little boy is and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family.
We were so glad to share Halloween with Aunt Q, the Hicks, and SzuSzu and Grandaddy. It was a beautiful night, just cool enough to light the chiminea, but still pleasant enough to enjoy our cheeseburgers and mummy dogs out on the patio.
After he was worn out from collecting candy, we headed home to review the loot. Everyone was glad to share in Jack's bounty and he was pretty generous in sharing whatever color of candy was requested by the grown ups in the room. (Orange was the most popular. Reese's, you know.)
Then the fun continued for Jack as he got to hand out candy to the kids who came in costume to our door. "More trick or treaters," he called out after each set left.
Special shout out to Nana for sewing Jack his adorable dinosaur costume. He couldn't have been cuter and knowing that his costume was made with love made it all the more special for all of us. We were a little worried he wasn't going to wear it, but a little candy bribery did just the trick. Once he got it on, he was quite pleased with how he looked and kept saying, "I have a dinosaur tail." Silly boy! I love him so much.


2 comments:
Jack was a precious dinosaur! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Halloween!
So cute, Laura!! And what a well-mannered little man! I'd be a proud mama too. :)
Post a Comment