My kid does not sleep through the night. He's thirteen months and he still likes to party at 3 in the morning.
For a while there I thought we were really moving in the right direction. We've got a great bedtime routine and he goes right to sleep when we put him down for bedtime. But he does not sleep until morning. Not really ever. Some nights he gets closer than others and some nights it feels like we're right back where we started. I'm not really sure there is anything to do. I just wanted to be honest about it.
Random thing that is sort of related to this: I think I have some weird connection with Jack while we're sleeping. It happens a lot that I will wake up in the middle of the night for seemingly no reason, then within 5 minutes or so he wakes up too and then starts to cry. I don't know if he senses that I'm awake or I just somehow know he's going to wake up. Or maybe I make a bunch of noise that wakes him up every night which is why he can't sleep.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you are putiting that out there like some sort of confession. So cute.
Interestingly, I read this just earlier today. http://www.facebook.com/notes/lakeshore-medical-breastfeeding-medicine-clinic/is-your-baby-sleeping-through-the-night-yet/105428199515511
Don't know if it helps, but I found it interesting. You are an awesome mommy and Jack just can't go 12 hours without wanting to say "hi!".
Post a Comment