Monday, September 20, 2010

Talkin' Bout My Generation

Once I was cool and hip.  I was up on all the latest technology, slang and fashion.  I had a cell phone when I was 15 and was one of the first kids at my school to be on AOL.  I was very into IMing my freshman year of college and I have a whole collection of music downloaded from Napster.  But lately it seems like I am becoming old fashioned.  I refuse to get a 'smart phone.'  (I had a Blackberry for two weeks and hated it.).  I will forever be a PC.  (I think Justin Long seems like a smug @hole.)   I still don't totally understand Twitter.  (It's like blogging, but with fewer characters, I guess.)  I'm fairly certain I will never own or wear 'jeggings.' (Leggings maybe.)  I don't even recognize half the kids on the Real World/Road Rules Challeges.  (Wait, do they still even make Road Rules'?).  And I really don't get Lady GaGa.  (Although I am obsessed with the version of Poker Face from Glee.)

But Jack is of a new generation.  He has already discovered and become obsessed with YouTube.  I have tried to get him interested in television for some time now, but it doesn't really hold his attention.  He likes Elmo, but only for a few minutes then he's off to play with his toys instead.  Then one day, Bryce showed Jack a video on YouTube.  I think I've mentioned on my blog before that Bryce's favorite band MMW put out a children's album that Jack and both of us really like.  The album is called Where's the Music. 
Here is the link to the video for the title track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHPpNQ9Y2k

This video is crazy, but I can't belive how much Jack LOVES it.  He wants to watch it over and over.  He climbs into the chair at our computer desk and cries for someone to come and play it for him.    It's kind of psychadelic and I'm worried it's going to give him seizures, so we've started showing him other cartoons on YouTube as well.  I've been able to find a lot of vintage videos that have the same feel as the Where's the Music video and he likes them all.  He can't get enough.  I'm sure it won't be long before Jack has his own Facebook page and Twitter account.  Crazy kids!

PS - Lots more posts (WITH PICTURES) to be posted hopefully tonight.  I have been terrible about pulling pictures off of our digital camera.   Maybe if I had an Iphone it would be easier. 

3 comments:

Aaron and Andrea said...

It would be easier to post pics with a smart phone, but whatev. You hold out on that one for as long as you can b/c then you can say "I was out of town and didn't get your email" when crazy people email you on Friday afternoon asking you to do something in five minutes. And I think you should totally get some jeggings. Jeggings were made for legs like yours. And yes, I should be working right now instead of commenting on your blog.

The Potters said...

I heart jeggings. :)

Theresa said...

Yay! Glad you're back. I have no idea what jeggings are. I guess I better google it.