Monday, November 5, 2012

Eternal Light

I have recently felt God working in my life.  I am not sure what it means or what He has planned, but I have lately felt like God had been making his presence known to me in new and old relationships and it is just really exciting.  I am trying to make a concious effort to return the favor and make my relationship with him something more intentional, rather than something that just happens during quiet times or on Sunday morning.  I want to put Him at the center of everything, so that his love and peace radiates into every nook and cranny of my life.  I know that doing that is surest path to happiness! 

This weekend I traveled with my church choir to St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Houston to perform Eternal Light with their choir in rememberance of All Saints Day.  The piece, by Howard Goodall, is without question the most moving piece of music I have ever had the privilege of singing.  It has touched my soul and I just can't get over it.  A specific passage from the piece called "Lead Kindly Light" has especially stuck with me: Lead Thou Me On!  Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distance scene.  One step enough for me. 

I am fairly certain that I will not be as successful at any of this as I hope to be, but I'm sending this out into the ether in the hopes that in print I can call back upon these feelings when I'm feeling lost or overwhelmed with the everyday minutia of life as a working mom of two boys. 

One step enough for me.

No comments: