Lately, I have been having trouble sleeping. Even after I fall asleep, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't seem to get back to bed. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I've started drinking caffeine again (after 10 months of none while I was breastfeeding). Maybe it's because my body got used to waking up in the middle of the night with Jack and it keeps waking up even though he doesn't. I'm happy to report that Jack is consistently sleeping through the night. Well, he at least sleeps until around 4:30 or 5:00, then goes right back to bed after he takes his bottle. I'm used to it, so it doesn't seem so bad.
It's so strange to be up right now. After I finally got out of bed at 3:30 after being awake watching my soap for almost an hour, I remembered that this is exactly what was going on with me exactly a year ago. One year ago this morning, I would have been a day past my due date wondering when that baby in my belly would finally make his appearance. I'm sure I was up at exactly this time of night watching All My Children or whatever awful infomercial happened to be on the channel I fell asleep watching. Oh the infomercials! I watched so many during my sleepless pregnancy. (Mostly before I discovered All My Children on Soapnet). People selling books with three easy steps to becoming a millionaire, products designed to teach my baby to read by the time he's three months, the Bullet blender, Ron Popeil and his wall of knives. These are just the ones I remember a year later.
I know this is such a random post. I have a better post commemorating one year of Jack coming soon. But I'm up and for some reason it seemed like a good idea to go ahead and catch up on my blogging.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment